Sunderban Jungle Tour
Total Duration: 1 Night / 2 Days
Tour Schedules: 7:00 AM
Enjoy 1 Night and 2 Days Sunderban Jungle Tour by boat from Kolkata. Explore the largest mangrove forest and Tiger reserve.
- Jungle safaris on a well maintained boat.
- Complimentary meals during the course of the tour, morning-tea, breakfast, lunch, evening snacks & dinner.
- Forest entry fees & guide charge are all taken care of.
- Witness a Tribal folk dance during the evening hours.
The Sundarbans is the biggest and most diverse mangrove forest in the world and is the home of the Bengal tiger, the estuarine crocodile and the Indian python. It is situated on the delta of the Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna rivers on the Bay of Bengal. Bangladesh has more than two-thirds of the Sundarbans and the rest is in West Bengal, India. The area is known for its diverse range of fauna, including 35 species of reptiles, 270 bird species, and 42 species of mammals. Sundarbans National Park is the largest home for the preservation of the Bengal tiger and also a Biosphere Reserve. It is even recognised as a world heritage site by UNESCO and is very much popular because of Tigers.
Day 1: Drive from Kolkata to Godkhali and Godkhali to Sunderbans by boat
- 7:00 AM: You would start your journey from your hotel/any other preferred location in Central Kolkata. You will be driven from Kolkata to Godkhali port (100 KM / 3 hours) on a private car.
- You will pass through the picturesque countryside of beautiful Bengal.
- 10:00 AM: You would arrive at the Godkhali port and be taken to your boat. Welcome drink will be served on the boat.
- You would now proceed to Sunderban Tiger Reserve Forest, on the way visit Gosaba and its attractions like the Hamilton’s Bungalow, Rabindranath Tagore House, Market and more.
- 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM: Lunch will be served on the boat, relish the authentic local cuisine.
- 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM: Arrival at Sunderban Tiger Reserve Forest, before arriving at the resort you will visit ‘Pakhirala’ & Jatirampur Bird Watching Island & sunset point.
- Post the tour be transferred to your resort for the night stay.
- 6:00 PM: Evening snacks and tea/coffee will be served.
- 8:00 PM: You would witness and enjoy folk dance and singing session performed by the local artists of Sunderbans.
- 9:00 to 9:30 PM: Dinner will be served at the resort.
Day 2: Sunderbans Jungle Safari and departure to Kolkata
- 6:30 AM: Rise and shine, early in the morning a nice warm cup of tea will be served to you.
- 7:00 AM: This hour would mark the departure time from the resort & transfer to the boat. Breakfast will be served after your on-board the board.
- 8:00 AM: Post breakfast you would proceed to visit the Sajnekhali Tiger Reserve. Arrive at Sajnekhali and wait while the host arranges the permits to visit Sunderbans Tiger Reserve forest.
- After getting the permits you will visit the Mangrove Interpretation Centre and Watch Tower. Then the visit to Dobanki Watch Tower, Panchamukhani, Pirkhali, Nobanki, Gajikhali, Choragajikhali, Sudhanyakhali watchtower etc. by boat would follow.
- 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM: Your lunch will be served on the boat.
- 4:45 PM: You will proceed from Godkhali to Kolkata on a private car.
- 7:30 PM: Post arrival in Kolkata, you may proceed to your respective destination.
Start Point: Kolkata Hotel/Residence/Other preferred location in Kolkata
Finish Point: Kolkata Hotel/Residence/ Other preferred location in Kolkata
Start time: 7:00 am
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only in Central Kolkata).
- Bottled water.
- Coffee and/or Tea.
- Meals during the tour (Morning-tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Evening snacks & Dinner)
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Snacks during the tour.
- Service of a guide/host.
- Transportation charges on a boat.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
- The tour involves a moderate amount of walking, all the guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The guests may also carry sunglasses, sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Please carry a valid passport for identity verification, if you are a foreign national and are looking to book this tour.
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that