Half Day Kolkata Tour – Explore the City of Joy
Total Duration: 4 Hours
Tour Schedules: 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 9 AM & 1:00 PM
No cost for Children below 5 years.
An ideal introduction to Kolkata. Explore major attractions of the ‘City of Joy’ in a 4 hours time and see as much of the city as possible.
- 4 hours guided Kolkata tour on an airconditioned car.
- Complimentary pick up & drop off at your location (within central Kolkata).
- Visit Mother Teresa’s house, take a walk around the British Colonial ‘White Town’, visit India’s largest Flower Market.
- Explore Potter’s town & old Kolkata.
- Stop at iconic Indian Coffee House & largest book market of India.
Kolkata (Calcutta) is the capital of West Bengal and a major hub of East India. At one time Kolkata was the British capital in India and thereby had been greatly influenced by it. British style lamp posts and the yellow ambassador taxis that throng the streets are evidence to this. The city was also home to Mother Teresa who did a great deal of work with the city’s poor inhabitants. Known for its art, culture, food, architecture and history – Kolkata, the City of Joy is one of India’s most fascinating metropolitan cities.
- You will be received from your hotel/pick-up point in central Kolkata by your host as per the time slot chosen by you.
- Post a short meet and greet, you will be visiting the following places:
- Mother Teresa House
- South Park Street Cemetery
- Victoria Memorial Hall
- Pass by- Fort Williams, Eden Gardens, Calcutta High Court, Town Hall, Governor’s House, G.P.O. & Writter’s Building
- St. John’s Church (Old Cathedral)
- Mullick Ghat Flower Market
- Howrah Bridge
- Kumortuli (Potter’s town- see the clay Goddess being handcrafted)
- Prinsep Ghat
- Vidyasagar Setu (Hoogly Bridge)
- Post completion of the tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/pick-up point.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only in Central Kolkata).
- Bottled water.
- Coffee and/or Tea.
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Snacks during the tour.
- Service of a escort/guide.
- Museum Entry Charges.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
- The tour involves a moderate amount of walking, all the guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The guests may also carry sunglasses, sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Please carry a valid passport for identity verification, if you are a foreign national and are looking to book this tour.
- To receive a full refund, travelers may cancel up to 48 hours before the experience start date in the local timezone. No refunds will be given after that time period.